Are you looking for your next home away from home? A fun, fast paced environment where you can have a career, not just a job? Then rateGenius is the place you are searching for! Come join us as a Loan Consultant in our Customer Service Department!
The Loan Consultant I position at rateGenius enhances the customer experience while assisting customers through the loan process, answering their questions about status, process, products and documentation. Loan Consultants will complete loan applications over the phone, direct loan applications to the most appropriate lender and perform follow-up work on current customers’ loan applications coordinating communication with the customer’s loan officer.
We work with some amazing people and have built a pretty awesome work culture in the process. Our industry offers steady growth, and our company offers a strong, supportive leadership team, opportunity for advancement within the company, and in-depth training tools to ensure your success!
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Communicates with customers using telephone, email, text and other electronic methods to provide information about services offered by the Company.
- Assists customers in completing applications then matches applications to the appropriate lender based on lender criteria while maintaining high application conversion ratios.
- Contacts customers by email, text or outbound calls to respond to inquiries and obtain missing application information.
- Evaluates applications based on credit history and collateral information.
- Maintains communication with lender network to ensure accurate and timely credit decisions.
- Reviews applications with lender underwriting teams to ensure accurate and timely credit decisions.
- Transfers customer calls and directs applications to Loan Officers.
- Documents customer interactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, or comments and actions taken.
- Maintain a positive, professional attitude on the phone and electronic communications while following proper compliance standards.
- Maintains excellent job knowledge of the processes, products, systems, compliance and company information, as well as, continual professional development through personalized training with management, classes, conferences, seminars, workshops, etc.
- High school diploma or a GED, Bachelor’s Degree in area of specialty or equivalent professional work experience strongly preferred.
- Strong background in customer service required with financial services industry and consumer loan background preferred.
- Ability to interact with a professional demeanor with staff, general public, insurance companies and customers.
- Ability to work independently to drive projects to completion with defined deadlines.
- Must possess excellent planning, problem solving, analytical, organizational, multi-tasking and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be detail-oriented with respect to documentation and execution.
- Inbound call center experience is a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Based in Austin, Texas, RateGenius is a multi-state, web-based loan brokerage company. By hosting a virtual marketplace, RateGenius brings together qualified borrowers and competitive lenders to create the best possible financing opportunity for our customers. RateGenius is licensed as a registered lender with the Texas Office of Consumer Credit Commissioner and is a member of the Better Business Bureau. All lenders in the RateGenius network are either FDIC-insured banks, thrifts or licensed lenders.
What We Offer:
- Refinancing of an existing car loan, or a car at the end of a lease
- No interest prepayment penalties
- Extended warranties and mechanical breakdown insurance
- Credit insurance, and more!
Work With Us:
There are jobs, and there are careers. Being part of the RateGenius family means that you have the opportunity to challenge yourself and to do work that really matters.
RateGenius has been recognized as one of the "50 Fastest Growing Companies in Austin, TX" and the "Best Places to Work in Central Texas" by the Austin Business Journal. The Austin American-Statesman has recognized us as one of the "Top Workplaces" for four years in a row.
We're a diverse, passionate bunch who believes in the highest quality environment for people, products and technology.
We offer our employees:
- A casual work environment
- A sponsored employee health insurance plan
- Dental, vision, life, disability, FSA and HSA
- Employer-matched 401(k)
- A subsidized gym membership
- A team of awesome coworkers who love what they do!
Sound appealing? Join our team!
Company Website: www.rategenius.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)